- Remove all the veins from the lobe of foie gras. Combine all other ingredients except the truffle slices in a small roasting pan just big enough to hold the foie gras. Put the foie gras in the marinade and refrigerate for one to two hours.
- Bake the foie gras in a 300 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes. The foie gras should be rare. Pour off the cooking juices and reserve.
- Line a terrine mold with plastic wrap, leaving a few inches on each side (enough to cover the terrine once made). Put half of the foie gras in the bottom of the terrine, smooth side down. Place the sliced truffles over the foie gras, mainly in the center of the terrine. Place the rest of the foie gras, smooth side up, in the terrine.
- Cover the terrine with the plastic wrap. Put a piece of cardboard, cut to the size of the terrine mold, on top of the plastic. Use beans, stones, or cans to evenly apply weight on top of the terrine. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Simmer the reserved cooking juices over medium heat, skimming off all impurities. Once the fat is clear, set it aside and cool slightly. Remove the weights and plastic from the terrine and pour the cooled fat over the top of the terrine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one more hour.
- To serve, cut thin slices with a hot knife and serve with greens.